Anyway, I was back again in Baguio for the Panagbenga Festival. It's my third year celebrating Panagbenga. Nothing much new on experiences but what I always love in Baguio is the weather. Yun talaga ang binabalikbalikan ko.
Here are the photos of the floats. I didn't include those boring floats. There are floats kasi na parang mas madami pa yung damo sa flowers. Haha! Di tuloy siya maganda tignan.
Baguio's new tourist attraction, Dinosaurs Island!
The ever energetic SLU!
My favorite float this year! NLEX!! So cuteee.
Observed her while dancing, that smile is consistent! Yung ibang bata nakasimangot na dahil siguro sa pagod but she remained smiling the whole time.
just behind the last float are people who are collecting trashes from the viewers. Nice idea!!
In my 3 year experience, medyo kabisado ko na ang mga ganap. I think I can give you some tips for your future reference.
Panagbenga Festival tips:
1. Book your hotel in advance so that you'll get it on a cheaper price. Other hotels has minimum of 3 days and 2 nights kapag Panagbenga weekend. If you'll only be staying for a night only, better look for a hotel who is accepting bookings for a night only. OR you may book through a third party like agoda.com or travelbook.ph. No minimum number of nights. medyo mahal compare kapag direct sa hotel. OR better yet, look for a transient house.
2. Buy your bus tickets in advance! If you are coming from Manila, check out the bus schedules of Victory Liner and buy your ticket at least 2 weeks before the Panagbenga weekend. That ticket is only MANILA to BAGUIO. The ticket from BAGUIO to MANILA should be bought right after you arrived in the Victory Liner Terminal in Baguio. Expect na ubusan na din ang ticket. swertihan na lang. Kapag wala nang chance sa Victory Liner, DO NOT EVER line up in Victory Liner as a chance passenger. better yet, GO TO DAGUPAN BUS LINE OR GENESIS BUS! no reservations. First come, First serve ang lahat. Pipila nga pero at least pantay pantay na pipila kayong lahat para makasakay.
3. Check out the Panagbenga schedule! Usually, Saturday Morning ang Street dance Parade and Sunday Morning ang Grand float parade. Do not get alanganin bus schedules. Baka matraffic lang kayo since closed na ang ibang daan for the parade. Marami pang ibang events kaya be sure to check the schedule so that you won't miss anything.
4. Be prepared of long walks and a lot of traffic! Long walks may be because of road closed or walang masakyang taxi sa sobrang dami din ng nagaabang or dahil sa traffic na mas mabilis pa kung lalakarin kesa magsasakyan sa sobrang traffic.
5. Prepare your clothes! Still bring pants and jackets. My on my first 2 years, di gaanong malamig. the clothes I bought are all shorts then jacket/longsleeves na lang kaya this year, ganon lang din dala ko but super lamig!!! Kapag malamig pa sa Manila ng Feb, Sigurado malamig pa lalo sa Baguio ng ganoong panahon.
6. On buying pasalubong. I prefer buying sa Mines View then sa Good Shepherd since walking distance lang sila. But make sure to go there ng maaga. at least 7am or 8am kasi sobrang sobrang sobrang traffic na kapag tanghali na and yung products sa Good Shepherd ay ubusan na. Pero pwede din naman sa Public Market. Mas mahal nga lang yung Good Shepherd products dun but with other products, almost the same.
7. On partying! Sa sobrang dami din ng party mode, kapag medyo late na, sobrang di-na-makahinga levels ang mga club. VIP na nga kinuha mo, siksikan pa din kayo. Nakakaloka!
8. Enjoy the festival, the fresh air, the cold weather, the food and your company!